United Way's 2022 Day of Caring is the largest community service day in Scotland County and is scheduled for Friday, September 9th!
Day of Caring will kickoff at 8:00 am with a free breakfast for volunteers at Laurinburg Presbyterian Church!
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
- Scotland County 4-H (Material Organization) 5 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- PROJECT FULL
- Born Learning Trail Installation 6 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- PROJECT FULL
- Red Cross (Installing Smoke Alarms) 10 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- PROJECT FULL
- Scotland County Humane Society (Disinfecting transport crates) 3 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- PROJECT FULL
- Scotland County Humane Society (Cleaning and disinfecting transport vans) 4 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- PROJECT FULL
- Habitat for Humanity (Building sheds for homeowners) 20 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- PROJECT FULL
- Painting, organizing Storytelling & Arts Center 6 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- PROJECT FULL
- Canned food drive for Gift of Love Food Bank
- Personal Hygiene Item Collection (Church Community Services)
- Assembling Bus Photo Frames for Safety Town - PROJECT FULL
- Project Inasmuch - PROJECT FULL
- School Supply drive for Scots for Youth
- Senior Games (Building a new football throw for upcoming games) 5 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED- PROJECT FULL
- Make No-Sew Fleece Blankets for Seniors PROJECT FULL
- Partnership for Children & Families PROJECT FULL
- City of Laurinburg - Tree Planting 10 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - PROJECT FULL
- Mural Painting - PROJECT FULL
All volunteers will be invited the morning of Day of Caring to Laurinburg Presbyterian Church for breakfast
As a volunteer, you can guarantee your preferred tee shirt size by registering before Friday, September 2, 2022!
United Way's annual Day of Caring is a volunteer event that brings the community together to create a positive impact on the nonprofits and human service providers that help those in need. Volunteers also tackle projects at local schools, churches, and city parks. Day of Caring is held annually on the second Friday of September. Over 200 volunteers provided 600+ hours of service to make Scotland County a better place to live and work.